Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Friday, December 7, 2012

First week, First transfer!


Hey, so time to start talking. I've got a bit to say. Let me start off though with saying, I love the mission. :) And if it seems like I'm complaining anything, I'm definitely not. You'll see why I say that in a sec though.
 
So, to start off. My first area. It's a little town called Mattawa, (aka Wahluke) Washington. There are farms everywhere, and there's an English ward, and a Spanish branch here. There's a lot more spanish speakers than english speakers in town though (excluding children. All the children learn english at school). The church building is in the middle of a bunch of fields. Not sure why. It's like a ten minute drive from town, with nothing in between. It's about a ten minute drive from town in one direction, and a ten minute drive the other direction to where me and Elder Kelley live. I think there's probably 3,000 people here. I think that might be less people than Peccole Ranch. :) Me and my trainer, Elder Kelley, live in the Bishop's Mom's basement, who's on a mission herself. We receive letters once a week from the Bishop, but I'm able to write in any personal time I have. Luckily, with so many spanish speakers most of our lessons are in spanish. They talk funny, and I don't understand a word they say. :) I'm starting to catch on though. I'm able to talk pretty well if I actually understand what's going on. We have lots of investigators on our list, something like 16? But it can be difficult because most of the latinos aren't good at making commitments. At all. Cough. But yeah. I'm learning so much, and I'm loving it here. As missionaries, you get the best and the worst, because you're involved in the most important work of all. Saving souls! I love it. :) So, that's all this week. I'll try and write more next week! Love you all! Keep writing me!
 
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment