Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Last week of training.

We didn't get everyone to go to church that we wanted this week, but we did get Crispin this week. Many people feel like we're wasting our time with him and his family, but he's showing he's changing, bit by bit, because he's gone to church I believe 4 times in the past 8 weeks. He says he's still not ready for baptism, but its baby steps. In the mean time, we're inviting him to take big steps, for when he's ready to do that. :) Other than that, it was a pretty hard week. I don't usually think that, but I'll admit it. It's okay. I didn't come on the mission to have an easy time, I came to learn and grow! Well, I've said too much for this paragraph. 

I love how you can notice when the Lord is comforting you. When you have a hard day, and yet for some ridiculous reason, you still have peace. I think that's one of the best witnesses I receive, when there's no reason for you to be happy, and you are anyway. Someone else is giving it to you.

We helped someone take in their groceries just randomly this week. I've been wanting to do that for a while! She made us take some tiny oranges as thanks. We felt bad, since we didn't want her to give us something for what we wanted to be service, but in the Latino culture, it's generally better to accept what's offered, then to deny it. Even if you have had ten tacos already.

Just a little thing I love to notice, is when Elder Kelly and I are planning, and he says some random idea, that came into my head about the same time. The spirit really does help us. :) We need quite a bit of it. 

We still haven't moved out of our old place. The owner is coming home in about five days. We're freaking out! We don't want to live with an old lady! But we might have to. Our Bishop said on his mission he always lived with old widows, and that one time, one of them would make him and his companion light her cigarette for her. Awkward. Luckily, ours is a member.

Okay, I'll hopefully have more time for a better letter next week!

Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment