Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The end of training, and the beginning of my third transfer.



We finally got Dalia and her kids to come to church again! That made Elder Kelly super happy (on the inside. He doesn't always show his outside happiness. heehee) and I made sure to let them know it was good they were there. We weren't able to get Crispin and his family, or Gabriel to church, but I guess you can't have everything. We found a lot of new investigators in the past week, which makes Elder Kelly happy that he's leaving with a bigger number of people to teach. The days are getting warmer, and we've started to wear just our suits, no coats. It's kind of nice that Mattawa is warmer than most of the mission. Overall, we had one of our best weeks this past one, and we've got a good few hours scheduled after P-day today, with two family home evenings with non-members scheduled. We're excited for that. So, another week in the Royal City District goes by.
Elder Kelly is sad to go leave Mattawa, but he's pretty good at dealing with it. He's also very scared to become Zone Leader. :) Okay, not very scared. Just the usual feelings of apprehension that someone would feel when they're about to become a Zone Leader. I'm glad he was my trainer; he's a good missionary. I would try and claim that he's perfect, but we all have a lot to learn! So much to learn. Anyway, I'm interested to see what Elder Wait is going to be like. I've heard he's actually been in Mattawa for a long time in the past, so I won't have to worry as much about teaching him about the area. We're going to have to see what happens. :)
I was reading in the Joseph Smith History yesterday, and I got to a part that has, I think, my favorite quote by Joseph Smith in it. It is in the twenty-fifith verse, and it says, "I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it," I think it's my favorite, because I can relate to it so much. I know that I have received countless answers from God, and I know that the signs of His presence are all around me. I know, and I know that He knows it, and I cannot deny it. And that is another thing that builds my testimony. Just remembering, "I know".
 
That's all I got this week. Hope you all have a good week!
 
Con amor, Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment