Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Monday, March 18, 2013

March 4, 2013: Week 2 in the 5 week transfer.

I came to the startling realization that I am now closer to the age of 20 than I am to 19. I'm so filthy old. Ew. I can't relate with High School students anymore. This is really weird. Lets move on to my main letter.

Well, we have an on-date. The first one I've had in three months. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find him again, and he has to get married. Hm. I can't lie, this was another hard week. Although, we did get Gabriel to go to church again. He needs to have his baby, and get married to his girlfriend (or move out) but he's shown so much faith, that I know he'll get baptized one day. He reads every time, has noticed how different our church is, how much he feels the spirit, and how right the Book of Mormon feels. He's just very conservative, and needs his time. We have many new investigators this week, although, I'm not sure how many will end up progressing. Although, one investigator, named Reynaldo, asked US if he could take the lessons. He's the "partner" of the sister of a recently returned missionary, and he's really excited to take the discussions. He's asked to have lessons with us twice a week, and when we've come back, he's read everything we asked an more. He's eager to learn, and it's nice because Jorge, the RM, is able to be a third missionary with us and help make sure he understands and knows everything he needs. He needs to get married, but I think he'll be baptized in the future too.

Elder Wait is pretty diligent. He tries to get everything done, and is focused on keeping everything in order. He has the blessing of a strong desire to keep our house clean, which at times other missionaries don't have. The only thing I worry about him is that sometimes I think he forgets to slow down and enjoy life. But other than that, he's a pretty good companion, and I'm lucky to have him.

This week I had our investigator for our ward (our only english investigator) ask me rather fiercely, how I could know. How I know all of this is true. How could I possibly declare such a thing, when millions profess the same thing about other churches, and other religions? I thought about it, and answered him, that I would be lying if I said that I have never doubted. That my testimony is perfect. That I had seen God the Father, and Jesus Christ, as Joseph Smith had. 
But I knew that God has made himself known to me. I've felt it. I know I've felt it, and whether I like it or not, it's true. Luckily, I do like it. :) Because it has brought me hope. So much hope. No matter what happens in life, I know I have a purpose, I know why I'm here, and I know I can overcome anything. I know, I will be happy.

I've been pretty slow on writing letters, so sorry to those waiting for me! I'm trying to write more after emails. I promise to get back to you in less than a month! Man... I'm terrible. Oh well.

Love,

Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment