Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 2: Half-way through... another transfer!

Hey everyone! 

I've been slacking on my emails lately, so I'm going to try and give a good one this time. So, this week, noone at church. :( It's been a little rough, because the Thomas Family, who went four weeks in a row, haven't been for 3 weeks now, and have stuff coming up for the next two weeks. They're making  it a habit of not coming! Not intentionally, but we won't be able to teach them for a while, and it's killing us, but I suppose SOMEONE will baptize them. Us missionaries just want everything to happen while we're there. Delia and Maria, also didn't come, even though they said they would. 3 times. And they are leaving in late October, so they have a deadline! We also haven't been able to teach Salvador because of a couple times where he forgot our appointment, but he still has a lot of potential, is on date for the 28th of this month, and we just need to start getting him to church! Pray that all of these people will come!

With Kim... I've been teaching Kim for a while now, and I've gotten to know him pretty well. He finally made it very clear though, that he's not really sure that he believes in one true Gospel. That there's more than one way to get to heaven, and God again. We showed him 2 Nephi 31: 21, and asked him to pray about it. He is reading the scriptures, says he's been asking God about it, and is attending church about every other week. Just pray that he will get his answer, and recognize it. He needs this Gospel. And he needs to know it's strait and narrow, and it's the only way. Pray for him!

Funny story... So, Elder Cramer is a pretty confident missionary, but he still doesn't know the Book of Mormon perfectly. We were teaching a less-active member, and he was looking in the index for "rest" I believe, and scriptures that relate to that. He found a chapter that said that a lot, and decided we could read that with our investigator. That chapter was Moroni 9. He didn't know what he was getting into. :) If you don't know what's in that chapter, read it. :) I'm still giving him a hard time for it!

Also, there's a member named Jason, who I recently (like a month or two ago?) had the oppurtunity to participate in his ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood. He's come a long way, and we've been helping him out as much as we can. He's a middle aged guy, and he's an officer in the Border Patrol up here. And he explained everything about it, and now being a border patrol agent is one of the careers I'm thinking about haha! I would most likely be able to work down in Arizona, which is hot, but closish to the family... And there's a lot of nice things about it. We took a tour of the station up here, and it's pretty nice... So... We'll see what happens. :)

No new pictures.... I haven't really taken any. And I can't find one of my memory cards, so at the very least, I'm hoping all these pictures I've sent are saved somewhere back home. But anyway, thanks for all the love and support! I really appreciate it, y les quiero tambien! Contestenme! Hasta la proxima semana!

Elder Grant

another note:
So, I used to HATE fast Sunday. I'll admit it. I couldn't stand going without food, and I complained, and grumbled, all day long. I didn't understand why we fast. On my mission, the first fast Sunday, I warned Elder Kelly, "I might not be able to make it through the full 24 hours." My attitude has completely changed though, I feel. I am still hungry. But I feel humble also, and I love it. I love feeling closer to the Savior. This week, we also did a ward fast for all of the youth in the ward, and I was able to focus on how I could help those less active youth that we visit. It is something of a cleansing, and I'm going to commit from here on out, to never complain about fast Sunday again. It is something the Lord has commanded us to do, because he knows it will bring us more happiness. So there really is no reason to complain! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment