Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nov 4: Twisp

Gosh, I don't have enough time to write everyone. My companion is rushing me. Okay, so I thought for sure this transfer I would stay in Chelan. But I'm not. I'm going to be opening a branch called Twisp that hasn't seen missionaries in 20 years, and is a town of 500 people. Luckily we will cover a few more towns. :) It should be exciting. I'm also pretty sure it might be even colder than Oroville in the winter. Unlike my last winter in Mattawa where the snow melted within a few days each time. Elder Berg will be serving in Pasco, and Hermanas Worlton and Correa will be serving here. I know them both pretty well. I think our Bishop was surprised, because he wanted Sisters, AND Elders. But you can never quite predict transfers....

So, for a miracle this week, we taught a girl named Isamar who is the niece of a less-active hispanic lady in the ward. She's been around for a while, but she never seemed to be there when we actually taught them. So, when we went to see the Serrano family, we were talking about the English Classes, and Brother Serrano told us she wanted to take them! She's rather quiet, so she just kind of smiled and said yes when I asked her if its true. Then, Sister Serrano came in, and said something like, "OH! She wants to get baptized! You should teach her the lessons!" I think I was gaping after that for a bit. I asked her if THAT was true, and she gave the same smiley-yes response. Then they told us that they would go to the next english classes, and to church on Sunday. THEN, when we came back to teach the first lesson, Felipe, whom we had taught a while ago and never got in contact with again, was there with the Serrano Family, and told us he had read up to Alma 36 in the Book of Mormon!!!! Unfortunately, he's moving to Mexico for a few months, but we got the address and are planning on sending the referral down there. Evidently, the Serrano family is just a family of miracles, where everyone they know wants to be baptized.

Sorry this was a short letter, but I love you all! Remember your small-town missionary!

Love, Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment