Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Oct. 28: My Calling to Repentance

Hey everyone,

I'd like to apologize if I've bothered anyone by asking you all to do one thing or another. I admit, I get carried away sometimes. You have to realize, all I do all day, is.... the missionary purpose. It's too long to write. But the short way is to "Invite others to come unto Christ". This is my life! I invite people to do things! So sorry if I seem over-critical. But I'd like to clarify, that I still know all the things I've invited you to do will make you happy. They make you better people! I'll try not to be so pushy, but I'm not retracting my statements, I suppose you could say. :)

I thought I'd tell you, last week, I actually had a day where I pulled a muscle in my neck! It was during exercise in the morning (I didn't stretch) and at first I just couldn't move my head to the left. Then I moved it around a little, and all of a sudden my head was stuck in a very awkward position, and if I tried to move it I had massive jolts of pain go down my neck and spine. I ended up applying heat and cold for about 8 hours straight, and I could finally drive... Very carefully. I also accidentally took 2000mgs of Ibuprofin (can't remember how you spell that) in one day... I was misinformed on how much I should take, and took 800mgs, almost twice as much mgs, as the recommended amount during the course of 24 hours... Luckily we went to a member in the ward that is a chai... chi....cai.... cairopracter? for dinner the next day, and he helped a lot. And I'm all better now. :) There's just a certain exercise that he should told me I should never, ever do again. In fact noone should.

This week, Sister Fournier got baptized! The Fournier family was first taught by Elder Paxton, my zone leader (for 4 transfers now), was baptized when Elder Christensen, my room-mate in the MTC, was here, his two kids were baptized when Elder Berg, my other MTC roommate was here, and now the mom was baptized while I was here. :) Super exciting. They're a great family. We also taught a boy named Louis, he is 11 and hasn't been baptized yet, but we taught him the Plan of Salvation yesterday, and because generally he goes to church each week, he already knew all the answers! Easiest lesson ever. He should be baptized mid-July. :) I feel the work is slower here than it should be, so I'm planning on working harder to pick it up here! Especially, since on Saturday we saw...

Elder M. Russel Ballard! And also Elder Maynes of the Presidency of the Seventy, and Elder Risenmay our Area Seventy! They gave great talks, basically telling us, if we don't teach by the Spirit, its in vain, and that we need to work like the members aren't giving us any help, while they will be encouraging the members to work like the missionaries aren't finding any investigators on their own. We're hoping our days will fill up that way. :) I've now shaken my first Apostle's hand, and we had a really good time with him. He's so powerful, yet so human. He told us something along the lines of "We (meaning the Apostles) are all getting pretty up there in years.... But we're all still pretty cool". I love Elder Ballard. :) He's great. He hardly even rebuked us, just mostly encouraged us. I need to meet more of those guys!

I think that's it for this week, I'll write more about the area next week. Thanks for the love everyone! Hope you still love me!

Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment