Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

General Conference week


I can't believe it's been six months since last conference! It seems like yesterday that I was watching it in the MTC with thousands of screaming fans (missionaries) celebrating the new age change. The mission passes so fast. I'm... I think 35 now? In weeks. Elder Wait is old. He's in his 90's I think. He's ready to die.

I think it's hard for me to push myself sometimes. I wonder at times, if Christ really does want me to push myself harder when I already feel like breaking. And then I realize, He doesn't really want me to try harder, but He wants to make my life easier. So I'm focusing on the Savior, and His Atonement, and trying to become more like Him. I never understand things like this. I can only tell you the consequences, or after-affects. I'm not exactly sure how it all works myself, even as I do it, but there's something about giving up your will, praying to God, in the Savior's name, and humbling submitting to His will, that makes you stronger. Greater. Happier. And I can see it. I can see my life looking up. It's kind of like a sunrise, slowly, but surely raising your soul closer to God.

Well, enough of the cheesy stuff. This week, the only investigator that we know of that watched conference was Reynaldo. He saw the fourth session, with President Monson's talk. I feel kind of bad, because many of the speakers were speaking on marriage, and he's married a woman in Mexico, and living with someone else now, and he wants to get baptized, but wants to be divorced and marry his partner right now first. But I don't think he took it badly. The important thing is that he saw the Prophet speak. There hasn't really been much progress in our other investigators here, so right now we're working on finding more people. We'll see if we can't find those that are prepared here in Mattawa. 

I forgot my little card thingy that my mom gave me, so I can't think of anything else to write this week. And I forgot my camera. Woops. Til next week everyone!

Con amor,

Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment