Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 19: Just another week up in Oroville.

Dear Family and Friends,

So, it's just been a pretty regular week up here. Elder Cramer and I had some good days, some bad days, there wasn't a lot of progress though with our investigators. It's frustrating for us, because we want it all to happen so much faster. But sometimes, conversion happens very slowly. Sometimes unbearably slowly. This week, unfortunately no one that we were waiting on to come to church were able to make it. We did get in some lessons with Kim and the Thomas Family. They are all progressing, but we haven't set a baptismal date for them yet, and Kim especially has told us he will take some time to find out if the Book of Mormon is true. I think with dread, of how long Brigham Young took to get baptized (I believe it was about a year?). The end result is what's most important, but it sure would be nice to see him get baptized! 

We did have a meeting this week in Moses Lake, where I drove all the way from the Far North, for three hours with only one break. I think it's the longest I've driven in one sitting. Kind of interesting. I feel rather old. My experience with car trips is that I am the one sleeping in the back, with my dad staying awake driving the car. Now I'm the dad. :)

pictures of the scenery up here:



You can see Oroville in this one if you look real close.

No comments:

Post a Comment