Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 6: Temple Day!

Querida familia y amigos,

Okay, so I'm going to have to make this a short email, because we don't have much time. We drove from Oroville to Omak, a 45 minute drive, last night, and then we drove from Omak to the temple in Tri-Cities this morning at 4 am! We did a temple session at 8am (super cool, It's different, for those of you who have been to the temple before, I would recommend going to the temple as soon as possible. :) which lasted for 2.5 hours. It was overflowing, I don't think they expected so many missionaries to show up! It's been about 5 months I think since I last went to the temple, so I was DYING to go back. That was my first time in the Tri-Cities, and it was crazy being in a city larger than 100,000 people again! I guess I was in Spokane pretty recently too though. Afterward, we went to Olive Garden (first time in months!) with our zone, who is in the picture of the temple. We are the smallest zone in the mission, with only ten missionaries. :) And after that, we drove back to Ephrata, for 2 hours, and here we will stay until tomorrow, when we will drive to Wenatchee for an hour, to another meeting, and then back home to Oroville for two more hours. It's a pretty hectic week, but I love it. :) I've begun to crave change too much on my mission!
The pictures are both in front of the Columbia river temple, and 
starting from the left, the missionaries are:
Elder Porter, who has been in my zone since I came to the field, and is currently my zone leader; 
Elder Thibadeau, who is my district leader, and was recently transferred to Omak from the Kennewick mission; 
Elder Penrod who I actually met before my mission when he came from SUU to Bonzanza to talk about choir stuff, and is also in Omak; 
Hermana Mierow, who was in my zone in Othello for quite a while and is in Quincy;
Hermana Lloyd who is a new missionary, and speaks better spanish than me, and is in Ephrata; 
Hermana Williams who is a missionary from Kennewick and in Ephrata; 
Hermana Rhody who has been in Quincy her entire mission so far;
 a missionary that needs a hair-cut but doesn't have time this P-day; 
Elder Cramer, my 2nd step-son; 
and finally E. Paxton, who has been my zone leader for two transfers now and was previously E. Pinegar's companion.

I don't like how I look in that picture, but it will do. Thanks for all the love everyone, I'll try and write better next week. Les extrano!
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment