Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Friday, November 9, 2012

Woo Hoo 11/8/12


I'm not Zone Leader! :D I win! Me and my companion do not have leadership positions anymore, and we are very excited. Leadership isn't fun. We can finally own up to our true callings as the meddlers of the Zone. :) Or as we like to call it, the "fun". We started playing tag in our district for example, and once had a sword fight with large rolls of poster board in the middle of the classroom. Tag doesn't really distract us from our studies (we actually get to class faster!). The sword fight.... Well, we repented. Anyway, I've received some complaints, er I mean, comments, about the fact that I haven't given anyone a run down of my actual schedule yet. So I'll do that now!
 
Sundays, if you're not a leader, you have lots of study time, but if you ARE a leader, you have lots of lame/important meetings. We have Sacrament Meeting at 12:30 each week, and we are supposed to prepare a talk each week, and be ready to say it (in spanish of course) at any moment. You aren't notified that you're the one giving a talk until they announce it during the meeting. Fun stuff. We also get to walk by the temple on Sundays, and we have Firesides at 7. I actually also said goodbye to Ben at 9ish last sunday, he will send Lorene pictures of that. We didn't cry, or have much to say, because frankly, we knew eachother would do fantastic. Its interesting though. This will be the longest duration of time I won't see him, I think in my entire life. It'll go fast though.
 
Monday are typical. We have breakfast at 7ish, class at 7:50 to 10:50, and then personal study til noon. That's lunch time. Then, we have companion study at 12:45, class at 2, and dinner at 5. We have "workshops" on mondays at 5:45. They're something. Then gym at 7:15, and planning/story time at 9:00 at night. We like to tell eachother stories in our district. :)
 
Tuesdays, we get sack breakfast (so we don't need to be in church clothes) and have personal time til gimnasio at 8:50. It's for changing the sheets. Don't ask me why we get the time from 6:30-8:50 to change sheets. Then at 10:10 we have TALL which is the computer learning program here. My companion hates it. I'm only so-so. Apparently the FBI wants it, but I don't think its that great. Then the day is typical, until Devotional at 7. We always get 70's members or apostols at these devotionals. Good stuff. Then we review the devotional with a member of the branch presidency, and plan.
 
Wednesdays, are my favorite, don't know why. Breakfast, class, PS, lunch, CS, class, dinner, TALL, gym, and planning. We get to plan for P-day this night.
 
Thurday, is P-day of course. We do laundry, do endowments, initiatories, or  sealings for the dead at the temple, and we relax. Then after dinner, we plan, and then we go to Class/TRC. TRC is where we teach members, and that's always fun.
 
Friday is the same as wednesday. Nuff said.
 
Saturday has class at 6:30-9:30 at night, and I don't like to talk about it.
 
Yup, I got lazy toward the end. Of course, we wake up at 6:30 every morning, go back to residences at 9:30 each night, have "quiet time" at 10:15 at night, and turn off the lights at 10:30. We are in bed at lights out, but we don't always sleep right away.... Lots of fun stuff to talk about in a room of four funny guys at night. :)
 
Well, that's my week.  Love you all!
 
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment