Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

April 29, 2013: Last P-day for Sister Collins.


To answer the subject of the email, sister collins is a sister that has been in my zone since I was born in the mission, and she's been in my district for three transfers now, or about 4.5 months. And she's dying. It's super sad. I actually realized, that of the people in my original zone here in the field, only Sister Collins and an Elder Porter in Othello are left. Everyone's leaving! I probably will too this transfer, along with Elder Porter. It will be a different Othello zone I suppose. I guess to give a eulogy about her, she's 24 years old, and the only person I've ever met from Kansas. She's a super cool sister, and also kind of scared me sometimes. I wanted her yellow backpack, but she refused to give it to me. Um... She's blonde.... about 5'4" maybe... She has two daughters (people she trained)... And that's all I've got. Anyway, it was great knowing her. And that's pretty much it!

So, we didn't have a lot of lessons this week. Between Elder Wait getting sick again, many people ignoring us at the door, and moving twice on Saturday, we didn't do too hot. But like Joseph Smith said, this is still a great cause, and I'm going to continue on in it! Missionary work is hard. I would never EVER think about going home. There's no point. Why would you let God down? But I'll admit, I have thought about just laying down in the street and taking a very long nap. Instead I just took a nap during part of my lunch hour. :) To report, we called three people to come to church, and none of them came. :\ I think the hardest thing for people to overcome in their lives here is just plain laziness. They sleep in, and that's why most people don't come to church. Not only that though, but even when they sleep in, they still wake up an hour before church, and just don't want to do anything til one o'clock. Oh, that I were an angel, and could just convert all these people... or I could just baptize them all for the dead, but I'm not sure how much success I would have with that. Anyway, not much more to report on this week. Except the place we are currently living is where I lived for the first four months of my mission. I won't lie, I didn't expect to move back there, but oh well.

Hmm.... Spiritual experiences.... I think just humbling oneself can be a pretty powerful experience. Someone in one of our Sunday school classes said that "meekness is when you choose not to act, when you have the power or ability to do so". Sometimes I just want to protest, or argue, or fight back when I feel like I'm being wronged. But sometimes, the spirit whispers, that it's not worth it. It's not the right thing to do. I do believe that at times, you are supposed to stand up for yourself. But there are also moments, when you need to submit. Just because you might want to do something, doesn't mean it's the will of God. Another thing, I can't remember if I already have said this, is the combination lock of heaven. It was from a talk I read I think from a Seventy. There are three things that need to match up if you want the doors of heaven to open, and have blessings be poured out on you. One, you need to have Faith that you can receive it. Two, you need to have personal worthiness. And third, it needs to be the Lord's will. If all we needed were the first two, then we would be very spoiled indeed. :) But God knows best, and if we receive blessings, it's because He knows we should have them.

To explain why I haven't been sending pictures lately, it's because I usually carried around my camera in my suit coat pocket, but now we don't need suits and I don't have any (safe) pockets to put it in. So I haven't been taking pictures. Sorry bout that! Maybe once I go to a new area.

Con amor,

Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment