Colton's ready for his mission

Colton's ready for his mission

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 20: Second week in Oroville

Dear Family. And Friends. And everyone else.

It's been a pretty crazy week. I've officially decided that it's impossible to classify a week as "good" or "bad". Maybe you could say that about an hour. But there's too much that happens in a week, or a day to say it's one way or the other! At least for missionaries. One of our investigators, had a good friend pass away. We taught him about the resurrection, and helped him feel a bit better. However, we had committed him to come to church, and we had a lot of hope for him, but he didn't come! It is astounding to us how people can change their minds, or their feelings, or their hearts, so quickly. And yet, I realize I am pretty imperfect about that too. I can't say that I was a perfect missionary this week, but I believe that I tried to help as many people as I could. Anyway, we didn't have any people at church this week, but there are a few appointments that we have this week that we think will get people to keep the Sabbath day holy. :)

Elder Orellana is still doing great! When he learned about the mission boundary changes, he actually had an opposite reaction to mine though. I'm rather excited to, I guess you could say, start another adventure, in the far-off land of Kennewick. But Elder Orellana wishes to stay in the Spokane mission, and teach more in the English language. We are both praying right now, for us to know what is the Lord's will on where we should go, and if it might be his will, to go to the mission of our desires. I guess? I'm not really sure how to put that. But anyway, we're both doing good here, and are pretty optimistic about the week to come!

I have a renewed testimony in referrals! This week, I received my very first referral from church headquarters! We called the woman, named Candace, and she said she would like to meet us this Wednesday, and so we're super excited about that! We also visited a referral we received from one of our investigators, and we had a pretty good lesson about the restoration, and have a return appointment this tuesday! Hopefully, we're finding those that are prepared by God to become members of His church! So I'm encouraging members to continue to let the missionaries know about people that COULD be ready, and better yet, go out with them to the lesson. I've felt a pretty strong spirit when we have members in our lessons, that we just can't bring on our own as missionaries.

By the way, I feel pretty terrible. I haven't been writing many letters lately. It's been a pretty hectic week, but that's not really much of an excuse. And not only that, but I've lost the two letters that I needed to respond to, my adapter to send pictures, and my writing paper. I suspect that they're all in the same place, but I wanted to say sorry to those that have been waiting for a letter from me, and I'm going to see if I can find them, but I can't promise anything. :( I hope you can forgive me, if you have been waiting for a letter! I want to let you all know, I love you! Lots and lots! Keep the commandments! Be good and be happy!

Con amor,

Elder Grant
Using Elder Orellana's adapter for now. Here's a picture of Elder Orellana, Me and President Mullen, and of my mtc district about six months after we left the mtc.
The canadian border (I drove right up to it:) and a really pretty area called dry falls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment